Regional Rehabilitation Center for Youth(RRCY)
A residential institution that provides protection, care, treatment and rehabilitation to abused and exploited boys below 18 years of age. The Regional Rehabilitation Center for Youth (RRCY), formerly known as Home for Boys, was established in Naga City on October 1987. It is one of the centers built by the DSWD in Bicol in line with Presidential Decre No. 603, the Child and Youth Welfare Code.
At present, the RRCY is located at Our Lady’s Village, Pangpang, Sorsogon.
The RRCY provides temporary shelter, care and protection to children in especially difficult circumstances ages 7-17 who are either neglected, maltreated, exploited, orphaned, abandoned and emotionally or physically abused. The services aims to help the children develop self-worth and positive outlook in life and to reunite them with their families, relatives or their former custodian.
Specifically, the RRCY, aims to:
- Provide care, protection and immediate social services to children.
- Help them improve their sense of self-worth and dignity and to improve their self-esteem.
- Provide opportunities for them to acquire formal and non-formal education and development of vocational and technical skills in preparation for independent living.
- Provide counseling and therapeutic sessions to children.
- Provide parent-child counseling and family therapy.
- Provide alternative placement to children if reconciliation with families and relatives is not possible.
- Effect linkage with LGUs, NGOs and other institutions and community resources for support services.
The services of RRCY include:
- Social Services
- Homelife Services
- Educational Services
- Health Services
- Psychological Services
- Spiritual Enrichment Services
- Productivity Program and Socio-Cultural and Recreational Services.
For more information, you may contact:
MS. LYNDRA VILLAREAL